Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Last Song (SPOILERS)

The Last Song
Nicholas Sparks

I loved this book. The last three chapters had me in tears. Nicholas Sparks does an amazing job of getting you to empathize with all the characters.
Favorite Quotes:
"They promised me patience when it was easy to be impatient, candor when it was easier to lie and in their own ways, each recognized the fact that real committment could be proven only through the passage of time." pg 270

"Everytime light shines through the window we built or any window at all you'll know i'm right there with you okay? That's going to be me. I'll be the light in the window." pg359

"Life he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile." pg 391

This movie was good. However, I had a hard time believing Miley Cyrus in this role. Because I read the book first I had a different picture in my head of how she should look and carry herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP