Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Handle With Care (Spoilers)

Handle With Care
Jodi Picoult

It took me almost a week to read this book. While I was reading it I was very much in a trance to keep reading but was okay with putting this one down until the last 50 pages or so. Beautifully written and played out like you were reading letters to the little girl that the entire book was about. Then you get to Willow in teh book and you know this is not going to be a fairytale storybook ending. My heart broke for all the people in this novel. I hope that hte decision to have a baby is never taken for granted by anyone. You never know how each individual life brought into this world will make a difference in it. But as I write these words I feel selfish b/c I have completely healthy children. I was never told they may be born with disablilities. I never had to think in terms of terminating my babies. I can't imagine my life without a single one of them.

Favorite Quotes and parts from the book:
"Facebook is suppose to be a social network but truth is most people I know who use it me included spend so much time online tweaking our profiles and writing grafitti on other peoples walls or poking them that we never leave our computers to actually socially interact."

"Who certified psychiatric counselors? The US Department of Snake Oil & Charlatans?"

"You can miss a person you've never known I learn this over and over again, everyday I spend without you"

"You can tell yourself that you would be willing to lose everything you have in order to get something you want. But it's a catch-22. All of those things you're willing to lose are what makes you recognizable. Lose them & you've lost yourself."

"Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was."

"Things that break- be they bones, hearts, or promises- can be put back together but will never really be whole."

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP